Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I know what Lindsay Lohan must feel like

One of the greatest things we have purchased has been an espresso/coffee maker. This allows me to not spend money at Starbucks. I will miss all of my friends at my local coffee shop who readily have my Chi Tea Latte or my Moca Latte in hand as I pull through the drive-thru.

This morning was the first time I'd used the espresso machine because I had a long morning ahead. I filled the water reservoir to the 4 or 5 servings of espresso line and waited to smell the charred grounds transform into the liquid deliciousness I crave.

I poured the liquid crack into my togo cup and added soy milk. I should have know by the color it wasn't going to end well. It didn't have the LMJ color I expected, It looked more like LRJ. I ran out the door and was on my way.

The first hour was fine. I was zipping along on a stomach filled with jet fuel. Hour two came and went, then hour three punched me in the face like a TKO from mike Tyson. I began to get car sick. I DON'T GET CAR SICK! I had the jitters and began speaking faster than normal. As long as I was moving, I was fine.

I got home for lunch right around one and crashed. Now I know what a day in the life of Lindsay Lohan is like. I think she can keep it.

1 comment:

LJ said...

That's funny! Ralphie May has a bit about Cuban coffee that you will now appreciate a lot more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDcQoUHVukw